Valentines Mansion, which is Grade ll* listed, was built in 1696/97. Until 1912 the Mansion and its park were privately owned – the home of wealthy middle class families and their servants. Local historian Georgina Green has undertaken extensive research into the families who had lived at Valentines between 1696 and 1906. She is the author of the biography Sir Charles Raymond of Valentines and the East India Company. Georgina Green and members of the Friends gave – and continue to give – talks to various organisations, both locally and further afield on request.
Click on image to find out more about the families who owned Valentines from the first owner Mrs. Elizabeth Tillotson through to Mrs Sarah Ingleby, the last owner to live there.