About the Friends
Many individuals, groups and organisations have been and are still involved with Valentines Mansion and Valentines Park.
There are three locally-based groups who are, or have been, associated with Valentines Mansion and Park. They are:
- The Friends of Valentines Mansion - The Friends support and assist in the preservation and improvement of the Mansion and the surrounding parkland.
- Valentines Mansion Trust.
- Valentines Park Conservationists - The Valentines Park Conservationists worked with the Friends and the London Borough of Redbridge on the park's restoration and wound-up in September 2009 when this work was finished. Recognising the need for a group to work with the council on the park's development and maintenance, the Friends established a Parks sub-group in October 2009.
Contact details for the Friends and the Mansion Trust are available on the Contacts page.
Other organisations with connections to Valentines include:
- the owners, the London Borough of Redbridge. They have created a website about Valentines - it can be found at http://www.valentinesmansion.com
- English Heritage
- Images of England - Valentines Mansion is just one of 21 buildings in Redbridge listed by English Heritage. Photographs of all these buildings can be found on Images of England.
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Ilford Hospital Chapel.
In addition, we would like to thank the following people and organisations for their help in building this website:
- Cincinnati Art Museum who gave us permission to reproduce Southwark Fair
- Landuse Consultants for permission to use the maps of Valentines Park
- Local Studies and Museum Services (London Borough of Redbridge) for assistance and permission to reproduce photographs of Valentines Mansion
- Royal Bank of Scotland for permission to use the picture of Sir Charles Raymond
- Michael Balfour for permission to quote from Ellen Buxton's diaries.